Battery life only 1.5 hours?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by goldenrat, Jan 12, 2009.

1. goldenrat

goldenrat

I just bought a ZG5 from Wal-Mart and it has Xp and assuming the 3-cell battery but I have only been getting 1.5 hours with the screen as dim as it goes. Did acer include a program that manages power? i may have deleted it when i was clearing off all the junk. i also use a usb 3g sprint broadband but that shouldn't kill the battery that much? i disable wifi, lan as well.

goldenrat, Jan 12, 2009
  2. goldenrat

jbhtex

It should run significantly longer than what you are finding. Yes 3G does drain the battery a bit quicker then wifi but again not to what you are suggesting the battery life is currently. I would go to http://acerpanam.com/synapse/forms/webp ... rPanAm.com and check to see what you might be missing. Good Luck!

jbhtex, Jan 13, 2009
  3. goldenrat

carlos_arias1

did u use your one straight from the box without connecting the AC?, i bought two One's XP both, one of them i plugged in the first time, the other i used it from the start with the battery and the first one is getting 2.30hours and the second one is getting 1.5 hours.

carlos_arias1, Jan 17, 2009
  4. goldenrat

jackluo923

Did you collaborate battery?

jackluo923, Jan 18, 2009
  5. goldenrat

musicman100

How do you collaborate the battery?

thanks

musicman100, Jan 21, 2009
  6. goldenrat

Desroches

To recalibrate the battery (I'm assuming that's what you meant) just follow these instructions which I copied from a googled site.

First put the laptop computer to sleep by turning off the screensaver and other power management settings of the computer. Then fully charge the computer and allow it to run all the way down until the computer shuts off automatically. Once the laptop battery has fully drained, charge it back up again and restore the screensaver and power management settings.
    Re-calibrate your battery every month or so by fully charging, fully discharging, and then fully charging again. Basically to have a chance to re-calibrate your laptop battery is to turn off all power-saving features completely and then fully recharge them. If it doesn't work for the first time then try two more full discharges and recharges.

Desroches, Jan 22, 2009
  7. goldenrat

Superhal

i found that the battery monitor recalculates based on what you have it doing. for example, if you have IE opened, the predicted life is shorter than after it is closed.

Superhal, Jan 23, 2009
Ask a Question