Battery Not working

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by dmgrave, Jun 19, 2009.

1. dmgrave

dmgrave

i bought 2 AAO and both are having the same issue, they wont work unless they are plugged in, the battery light show orange but if i unplug them they instantly shut off, and i cant figure out what needs to be done to resolve the issue, they are both only about 5 months old. they were used correctly fully charged then almost completely discharged before being plugged back in and they still dont see to charge or hold a charge in the battery. Does anyone know how to fix this.

dmgrave, Jun 19, 2009
  2. dmgrave

gonediesel

Bump on this. I am having same issue. Thanks for any help or suggestions. GD

gonediesel, May 22, 2011
  3. dmgrave

tehzhit

tehzhit, May 29, 2011
  4. dmgrave

Machineamsterdam

Has anyone received any reply to these posts about the battery not working and not charging for the Aspire One ZG8 netbook? I do not see any answers, unless I am not looking in the right place.

My situation is identical to all above ... device purchased in 2009; battery use and charging to spec up until now (late June, 2011) when I cannot run from the battery and the AC adapter does not charge the battery (orange light flashes, but never reaches full charge status to green). If adapter is unplugged from device, power is lost.

Do i replace the battery? Can I replace the battery with a RECHARGEABLE unit?

Thanks for any response ...

Dave
    Roermond
    Limburg
    Nederland

Machineamsterdam, Jun 29, 2011
  5. dmgrave

gcodori

I am reviving an old thread instead of starting a new one. I want to flash my bios to see if it fixes my battery issue (won't recognize the battery). It was fine before - not sure why everyone has this issue now.

Can I flash the BIOS without the battery being recognized? Does the flashing process rely on the battery? If I pull the AC adapter, it powers down. Can anyone confirm that the BIOS can be fl;ashed without a working battery on an a150 zg5??

gcodori, Jan 9, 2012
Ask a Question