BBC iPlayer

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by aitch, Oct 7, 2008.

1. aitch

aitch

Has anyone tried running the BBC iPlayer Download Manager on an XP Acer One?

I'm keen to buy an Acer but trying to decide which model. It would be great if I could download TV programmes from BBC iPlayer to the Acer at home and later watch them offline on the train to work. I guess the only version that may cope is the XP, 1GB RAM, 120GB HD one. But does it have the muscle to handle the files (processor / graphics)?

If not I guess I'll go for the Linux, 512 MB RAM, 8GB SSD for a bit of light surfing and e-mails - cheaper and more robust than the HD.

aitch, Oct 7, 2008
  2. aitch

daldred

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4809&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=iplayer will give you information about a downloader which apparently works on the Linux version. I can't answer for Windows!

daldred, Oct 7, 2008
  3. aitch

aitch

Thanks daldred, that looks like a really useful bit of software, maybe better than the Beebs version. So the Linux AAO now looks like a strong contender along with a big SD card.

aitch, Oct 8, 2008
Ask a Question