BBCIPALYER fullscreen problems or is that just me?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by sebgiambrone, Dec 21, 2008.

1. sebgiambrone

sebgiambrone

Hello!
    Has anyone els noticed that the full-screen option on www.bbc.co.uk/ipayer is very delayed and even unwatchable?
    Is this a problem with my connection or is there something which i can do?

Cheers
    Seb G

sebgiambrone, Dec 21, 2008
  2. sebgiambrone

joeblurton

This seems like a memory issue: iPlayer works on full screen for me on XFCE desktops, but with KDE even the minimal window is jumpy. I'm planning to add 1Gig of RAM to see if this helps. Will post a response if it makes any difference.

joeblurton, Jan 13, 2009
  3. sebgiambrone

avio

My A150 only has the standard 512mB ram and runs smoothly on full screen.
    Probably your internet connection sped (connected wirelessly to 8 meg broadband right next to router).

avio, Feb 18, 2009
  4. sebgiambrone

tayers

Yeah, my AA1 doesn't like iplayer in full screen either, but VLC media player will play reasonably high quality avi's in full screen very well. I also have the same problem with youtube in full screen as well.
    I upgraded my AA1 to 1.5GB of ram immediately after purchasing it (but as I am still running the limpus OS, it probably wasn't necessary for general usage) but this hasn't helped the iplayer problem at all.
    I see in the bios that the graphics card has only 8MB of memory, could this be the problem and can we upgrade??

tayers, Feb 22, 2009
Ask a Question