Beginner's problems...

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by luikki, Aug 20, 2008.

1. luikki

luikki

Ok, I realize that this must has been asked a hundred times here... but please be patient with me.

I have had an aspire one for a few weeks now. I bought it in Europe, FInland to be precise, and it runs on Linpus. A great machine. Nice size and weight, good basic programs, runs very fast. The fan makes itself heard, but nothing unbearable, and I have no problem with it. All in all, I like it. I will buy a 6 cell battery the minute it is available: 7 hours... ;)

But... I would like to add programs, and remove others (like this horrible Acer Aspire Mail thingy...). I read the sticky here, opened a terminal with Alt F2, and typed the command xfce-setting-show. And it showed the settings: a command window with icons for the settings. I was waiting for something else: to be allowed by right-clicking on the desktop to reach a add/remove program function. So that was a surprise.

Then I tried to see what was in this command window, but was unable to scroll to the bottom of it: the window was to big for the screen, and I could not go outside of the screen or scroll out of the screen.

So well, do you have any advise as to how reach a add/remove program function? Maybe through the same procedure? Can anyone help?

Thank you in advance.

luikki, Aug 20, 2008
  2. luikki

luikki

Ok, so now the right-clicking thing is working... How infuriating... Sorry for wasting your time, consider this thread a non-event.

luikki, Aug 20, 2008
Ask a Question