Best LXDE Distro?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by markw10, May 9, 2009.

1. markw10

markw10

I just started learning about LXDE and want to give it a try but am wondering if anyone has an opinion of the best distro to use LXDE with. I just want to give it a try so am looking for a good way to get started with it.

markw10, May 9, 2009
  2. markw10

pling

I've just installed Linux4One Light, which uses LXDE to great effect. Its very sleek, nicely responsive, and everything I have tested works out of the box. The only pain was that my first install ended with a fail message, but I think that could have been because the data pen got knocked slightly. Oh, and my first reboot the machine didn't see the wireless network - it has done every time since then, so I think this was a first-run only thing.

pling, May 9, 2009
  3. markw10

markw10

I'll look at Linux4One.I'm new to Linux but it seemed when i started KDE was the big desktop, Gnome #2, then Xfce was #3 but getting much more popular but has that changed. It seems with the changes to KDE it's not as popular as it once was and many are switching to Gnome and that maybe Xfce has grown some but LXDE is becoming very popular and maybe is #3 now. I'm just wondering if this is what's happening now.

markw10, May 9, 2009
  4. markw10

pling

Having looked some more at L41L and spoken to one of the developers at L4One I'll withdraw my recommendation. It's still beta and it shows - for example, although I have my language set to English it's downloaded apps with Italian dictionaries!

LXDE is excellent though - fast and configurable.

pling, May 10, 2009
  5. markw10

Rotaj

I Like L4One, it is clean and quick. There is a LXDE version of of sidux, also.
    The only problem I had with it was I could not get wifi or ethernet working.

Rotaj, May 11, 2009
Ask a Question