Best mods.... top 10 ?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by metz, Dec 16, 2008.

1. metz

metz

New to the forum, and the Aspire One (120gb HD, Linpus) which I got last Saturday. I bought this machine after having read a great deal about it's 'modability' (Is that a word ? ;))

Since then, I've been tweeking a few things software wise... but I'm now sitting here, screwdriver in hand, twitching to take the thing apart and make it as good as it can be.

I've done a search, but I can find a thead where owner/modders have dicussed what are the top <n> mods to perform... ie: What mods the owner have found to be the most rewarding/beneficial mods.

So, should I start with battery? Memory? Touchscreen?

Thanks

Metz

metz, Dec 16, 2008
  2. metz

Darryl

3. metz

rory

Swap SSD for HDD
    RAM
    Touchscreen
    Bluetooth
    USB Hub
    Internal USB sticks
    3G modem (If soldered to spare PCI block then insane)
    GPS
    TV Tuner
    Wireless N

Probably all mods I would love to do, excepting GPS, really don't need that. Plus, only if they work in OS X, which I'm unsure about with touchscreen.
    Rory

rory, Dec 16, 2008
  4. metz

metz

Excellent.. thanks :)

Well, so far I've wipped the machine and made it useable (for me ;)) by putting Ibex on it. Was supprised to see everything work out of the box except the wifi, but that was resolved with the ath->ath5k fix.

Memory is being purchased this lunchtime, I hope, fitted tonight.

Given what the hardware is...and only 512mb at the moment, I'm truely suprised at how well/fast it runs.

metz, Dec 17, 2008
  5. metz

teh_qube

what do you mean by usb hub? where could you fit it..how? also the tv tuner..you mean an external one?

teh_qube, Dec 18, 2008
  6. metz

robotmaker

Hey, I was touching up on engadget posts, and i saw the box said windows, mac, and linux compatible. hope that helps.
    Happy [insert holiday name here]

robotmaker, Dec 24, 2008
Ask a Question