Big hlep needed for wreless on acer aspire one

Discussion in 'Networking' started by sean-michael, May 24, 2009.

1. sean-michael

sean-michael

Hi, I am very stuck on a issue with my acer aspire one on the limpus light distro, I'm having problems with my network manager. The problem is that everytime I turn on my netbook the network manager on my netbook detects on anetowrk but is alway prompting me for my network key for my wireless router when I put the key in it connects fine. But it seems that the connection manager is set on automaticly connect though it dont save my key. Please help thanks

Sean

sean-michael, May 24, 2009
  2. sean-michael

joe90jnr

The way I setup my network on the AA1 was simply to:
    Click on the wireless network connection (near the clock)
    Select Connection Manager
    Click on New, Wifi
    Show networks and select the one you want
    It will ask the type of network security you want and it is there that you add the WEP key
    hope this helps?
    Steve

joe90jnr, Jun 29, 2009
  3. sean-michael

sean-michael

Thankyou for you reply but unfortunatly it has not solved the problem I had entered the key you stated on setting up an internet connect but it still seems to keep on asking me to put in the wireless key eveytime the wireless box is being detected downstairs in my house it does not connect automatically even though it is set to automaticaly connect to the wireless boxes network.

but thankyou for helping me

sean

:?

sean-michael, Jun 29, 2009
Ask a Question