Big OOPS leads to a better OS

Discussion in 'Linux' started by ajwiersema, Oct 3, 2009.

1. ajwiersema

ajwiersema

I tried to load a money program, on my Limpus linux, but messed up, and ended up deleting stuff I needed, and limpus would not load properly. I decided to take the plunge, and on my desktop computer, created a USB version of UNR 9.04. I loaded without incident, and it is running fine right out of the box, with the usual exception of the sd card readers not working properly. I will be working on that when I get the time. I have the task managers I wanted, but did not have with the limpus calendar, GNU cash, and a, in my opinion, sexier OS, in terms of looks, built in functionality, etc. I had to work hard, pouring over macles, and previous posts, to free up the limpus, and it seemed rather cheesy regardless. I am very satisfied, and will be adding a USB external hard drive, for storage, so I will not be missing the sd card addition to the 8 Gb ssd.

Thanks to all the developers of the remix. You did a GREAT JOB!!!

John :D :lol:

ajwiersema, Oct 3, 2009
Ask a Question