BIOS Driver not installing

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by s11, Jan 3, 2009.

1. s11

s11

I've followed the steps to update to BIOS 3309... Macles and other blogs that I've come acrossed.

When using Unetbooting I get an error on the 3rd step when downloading(the step before reboot)???

I reboot F12 and do not have OPTION 5 (just 1 and 2). Tried this 6 times and I downloaded the file from Macles and Acer site with no luck. I'm using an MP3 player as USB stick??? Could this be part of my problem, the Unebooting seems to recognise the drive.

I realise the instructions are very clear, but maybe someone as come across this and know's how to adress it. I researched FAT32 files but I'm not very computer savy, as you can probably tell by now!

Thanks for any help,
    S.

s11, Jan 3, 2009
  2. s11

tasgr86

i have the same problem!!!!!!!!!!!!

tasgr86, Feb 5, 2009
  3. s11

nmesisca

the stick must be FAT32 formatted. you could give it another go if you're not sure.
    plug it in a working PC, then right click on its icon and choose Format. Give it a name, choose FAT32 and you should be fine.
    Unetbooting is a bit picky with sticks though, so if it doesnt work i would suggest you try with another (not MP3) stick.

nmesisca, Feb 5, 2009
Ask a Question