BIOS Flash 3206 failed

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Balut, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Balut

Balut

Now my AO751h won't boot (no post screen at all). Any ideas on how to recover? Haven't called Acer support yet.

Update: Corrected version to 3206 vice 3306. Returned bricked 751h to Costco and got a replacement. Thanks anyway...

Balut, Jul 19, 2009
  2. Balut

ttman

Re: BIOS Flash 3306 failed

3306 is out? GL w/getting Acer to help. I was able to update to 3206 w/o issues.

ttman, Jul 19, 2009
  3. Balut

pumany

I just attempted to update the ao751h with the 3206 bios and the update froze in the middle. Will not boot up. Probably gonna call support. Anyone have ideas?

pumany, Aug 22, 2009
  4. Balut

Eosblue

There's an old adage about not screwing with something if it isn't broke. I find myself "grabbing" every little update and sometimes I get in trouble doing so.

Were you having a problem that resulted in doing the BIOS update? As I mentioned above, I'm an update junkie myself, but I tend to stay away from doing the BIOS "challenge" because of the warnings about not being able to reboot IF the power fails during the upgrade.

How do you tell which version of BIOS is installed on a computer?

Eosblue, Aug 23, 2009
  5. Balut

soccerballtux

How long did you all let it sit? It's supposed to freeze for about a minute or two while it updates. Turning it off (holding power for 4 seconds) during this process will break it.

soccerballtux, Aug 24, 2009
  6. Balut

Cusem

Have you already read the BIOS recovery guides? (FN+ESC -> PowerButton)

If not, try googeling on "Acer Bios Recovery"

Didn't work for me, but I followed guides that were written for the AA1 and I have an 1810T.

Cusem, Aug 24, 2009
  7. Balut

pumany

I flashed the BIOS (3206) on my ao751h due to the feezing problem, which me and others have experienced. But unforutnately, it froze in the middle of the update. And by froze, I mean it was stuck for over an hour. Black screen of death when trying to turn it of and back on. Only a power indicator by the 'on' button.

Tech support had me mail it in and replaced the main board (both Recovery and Fn ESC function don't seem to work on this model). When I received it back, it looked OK until I tried to use WIFI. Could not get wifi to function even with the help of tech support so its back at Acer being fixed. C'est la vie.

I see version 3208 of the BIOS was just added to the website. I wish they posted release notes with these updates.

pumany, Sep 18, 2009
  8. Balut

toepack

is this really true? That Fn ESC don't work on the 751h model? then what else can we do?

toepack, Feb 26, 2010
Ask a Question