BIOS not updating ?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by bilabonic, Feb 13, 2009.

1. bilabonic

bilabonic

Hi all

D/loaded newest BIOS 3309 from acer, renamed the bios as in tutorial and put files on usb, booted with fn+esc and it updated /rebooted.

BUT when i check bios when booting via F2 is still shows v0.3114 not v0.3309 ?

Any ideas why ? I put 2 files on the usb stick. The FLASHIT.EXE and the renamed .FD file, i did not put the attached msdos-batch file which came with it ?

Cheers

bilabonic, Feb 13, 2009
  2. bilabonic

GvidoR

Did you use UnetBootin?

GvidoR, Feb 14, 2009
  3. bilabonic

Sneakyghost

Digging out an old Thread...

Strangly, i have the same issue already since over a year. Back then i updated from 3309 with SLIC 2.0 to 3310 with SLIC 2.1 and any flash i attempted afterwards would actually remain unsuccessful as to the result being an unchanged bios. The Process itself always went without a hitch and seemed to be doing its job right but turning to the bios setup screen always revealed the same naked truth: everything remained the way it was. Even if i used the flash params to change model id or whatever else there was to change during flash it would not do it.
    So my ZG5 has the same old bios ever since, which is not bad because windows activates and even if it didn't there would still be a loader available, but i just don't understand what blocks the updating process and why am i not getting an error message?
    This is a really weird bug i find.

Sneakyghost, Jan 16, 2011
Ask a Question