BIOS.....or hardware, cant confirm

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by jakerrulz, Feb 14, 2009.

1. jakerrulz

jakerrulz

Hey, i am dual booting windows 7 and os x on my aspire one (120 gb hd). I was in os x and i was looking to enable two finger scrolling. I was following a guide to uninstall it, but i forgot to back up the ApplePS2Controller.kext, and by following the guide, i deleted the only availiable kext and now the touchpad and buttons dont work =[
    I then tried wiping that partition and reinstall os x, but to no anvil....
    Next, remembering i had a windows opperating system still installed, i booted up into that, but the touchpad still wouldnt work!!! :cry:

I was using v3304 for the BIOS, so i was thinking of flashing it with v3309.

But i dont know if it is a BIOS problem or a hardware problem. My aspire is relatively new, i bought it about 2 weeks ago.

And i also tried using the fn+f# (which ever it is for disabling the touchpad) but it had no effect...

Please help! I dont mind re-flashing, but i would hate for it to be a hardware problem.

Edit: i booted into windows 7 and looked at the device manager and i had to enable "view hidden devices" to see the piece of hardware. It gave an error #24 "hardware not present, malfunctioning, or the drivers are not installed correctly". i completely uninstalled the driver and i am trying to reinstall the driver from acer's website.

Edit 2: Ha!, i flashed the BIOS and it works perfectly now...i was scared for a second, thinking it was a hardware problem, whew!
    I flashed it to v3309, but i cant believe os x screwed up the BIOS?!?!
    hmm, another osx86 mystery...

jakerrulz, Feb 14, 2009
Ask a Question