BIOS question

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by hansi1, Jan 31, 2009.

1. hansi1

hansi1

I have to download the Acer e-recovery programme as it was not on my machine but how do I find out the BIOS version I have got please? Winsdws XP Acer Aspire One. Thank you.

hansi1, Jan 31, 2009
  2. hansi1

melhiore

melhiore, Jan 31, 2009
  3. hansi1

hansi1

So sorry, pardon me for asking :eek:

hansi1, Feb 1, 2009
  4. hansi1

hansi1

OK. I have searched for this next question, but couldn't find anything relevant. So here goes. My BIOS is V3114 and I have the XP 120gb Aspire One. I can't seem to access the e recovery programme, I get an error message saying "Application has generated an exception that could not be handled" with a string of numbers after it, and when I went to Acer's site to download the programme, although it did download, when I opened it, I got another error message saying something about it being in the wrong language. Now I am not really a techie, but could someone nice please explain in simple language what I have to do to get this recovery programme. I do not need it at the moment, but there may come a time when I do. Thank you. :) :)

hansi1, Feb 1, 2009
  5. hansi1

hansi1

Oh, and incidentally, when I hit ALT and F10, nothing happens.

hansi1, Feb 1, 2009
  6. hansi1

yudih

Dear Hansi1,
    my suggestion to you is to change the BIOS ver 3114 to 3309 because my AO 120GB,Win XP can't boot at all and the screen is only black. I tried to flash alone, following the instruction by hitting "[Fn]+[Esc]" key before power on button pressed, I kept pressing the [Fn]+[Esc] Key, after power on button and the Power indicator blinking and before that I have inserted USB stick which has Ready for system boot and new Bios in that USB. But unfortunately, still I could not boot it up.

I went to ACER Store and they did the BIOS replacement and leave my system intach. Now my AO150 works fast and reliable, including the battery life longer. :)

My BIOS before update is V3114 and now V3309, Hence before it turns up to you, it's better to all AO150 120 GB with WinXP users to update their BIOS.

yudih, Feb 2, 2009
  7. hansi1

Growler

Hi! You don't mention what version of the AA1 you have. If you have the 8GB SSD model, you simply do not have a "recovery" D2D partition, and the e-recovery programme will do nothing for you. Sorry!

Growler, Feb 2, 2009
  8. hansi1

hansi1

It is the the 120GB with HDD

hansi1, Feb 2, 2009
  9. hansi1

hansi1

Thanks,but we don't have an Acer store in UK, and I wouldn't like to update the bios myself in case I do it wrong, so don't know what to do now :(

hansi1, Feb 2, 2009
Ask a Question