Black surround to screen scratches very easily!!

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by ua935, Apr 6, 2009.

1. ua935

ua935

I am always meticulous with ll of my electronics and tonight am shocked to see and number of fine scratches all down the right hand side of the black screen surround on my whte Aspire one.

I have done nothing to my aspire other than leave the thin white "fabric" keyboard cover between the screen and keyboard.

Whilst the glossy finish looks nice I am very dissapointed that it has scratched so easily and by the looks of it by something which was supplied in the laptop and intended to protect it.

Can you get a replacement surround?

ua935, Apr 6, 2009
  2. ua935

atarione

yes the bezel scratches incredibly easy I just try to avoid looking at it in light that shows all the scratches on mine :D

you could order a replacement but you'd have to do a bit of dissassembly to put it in.... I pondered ordering a new one but then figured it would scratch as quickly / easily as the orig bezel and so I have decided to say "F-word it" (until at least the warranty expires).

if you decided to go to the bother I would say you'd want to try to modify (some sort of hard clear coat? perhaps) the replacement to keep in in less scratched form. otherwise it will be an exercise in futility in my view.

I've not tried it (again just can't be bothered) but I suppose you could get somesort of plastic screen scratch repair liquids and try to buff the scratches out of the bezel.. for my part I'll just avoid strong back lighted situations for now (so I don't notice the problem so much :D ) I have to admit that it did put me off my AAO for a week or so when I first realized the bezel scratched super easy.. after which I got over it and figured...meh portable, useful and cheap... I don't mind if it gets a little battle scarred.

edit ooops I forgot to include the links to the source of the replacement bezels

http://sourceitstore.com/notebooks/acer ... aspire-one

thanx to

viewtopic.php?f=79&t=3925 (includes link to service manual in pdf)

atarione, Apr 7, 2009
  3. ua935

Forone

This is similar to the fingerprints vulnerability, discussed elsewhere on the forum. Only Windows users need to worry - Linux bezels will not scratch.

Forone, Apr 7, 2009
  4. ua935

ronime

ROFLMAO. All the scratches on my XP SP3 machine disappeared when I upgraded to BIOS v3309.

ronime, Apr 7, 2009
  5. ua935

Forone

Good tip! Beats sandpaper and that stuff they sell at the auto parts store.

Forone, Apr 7, 2009
Ask a Question