Blank Screen when I turn on my Acer Aspire One

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by princesslisia, Nov 14, 2008.

1. princesslisia

princesslisia

This afternoon I turned on my Acer Aspire One. I got a Blank Screen... How do I fix this problem. The Keys Seem not to work either because I pressed cap lock and nothing happened

princesslisia, Nov 14, 2008
  2. princesslisia

solman

tell us a little more about what it's doing. any lights on? does the hard drive spin up? is the fan on? is the screen on and black, or completely off?

without knowing anything further, my first guess is that you need to do a bios recovery. do a search for "macles bios recovery" using the search function at the top right of this page to read about other ppl's experience with it.

here's a direct link: http://macles.blogspot.com/2008/08/acer ... overy.html

solman, Nov 14, 2008
  3. princesslisia

princesslisia

Well when i turn it on .. The power light is on... the fans are working ... but the screen is blank as how it would look when the computer is not on...
    I read about the BIOS Recovery but I dont know how to get that file on my thumbdrive .. and to actually make it work.. As you can see I am no computer wiz

princesslisia, Nov 14, 2008
  4. princesslisia

Le Tigre

sounds like a crashed bios.

i think i know that problem. i had a crashed bios as well and the same "indicators". black screen - even the bios logo not showing up...

well i had modded mine and didn't even consider sending him to acer... then my girlfriend kind'a forced me. and well - no problems. they resettet the bios - and didn't even mention the "noob" soldering. got it back repaired - no money had been charged...

just give it a shot... tell them your bios has crashed. if even the bios screen doesn't show up, there is little chance that it is something else.

good luck,

le tigre

Le Tigre, Nov 18, 2008
  5. princesslisia

sickstick

mine is now doing exactly what you have described, no bios screen just fan noise after a failed attempt by me to update the bios :cry:

do i really have to send it back to acer? also i installed vista on it when it was orginally shipped with xp to me. Will they still fix it?

EDIT- Have just found this guide http://macles.blogspot.com/2008/08/acer ... overy.html and going to give it a try, Im really hoping it will recover my bricked acer one :D

UPDATE - The guide above worked perfectly, brought my "bricked" one back to life in about two mins :D

sickstick, Nov 20, 2008
  6. princesslisia

bobdole

The "macles bios recovery" work like a charm for me.

My AAO had crashed out of vista with blue screen. After that I couldn't boot either XP or vista.
    Vista said to insert installation disc to repair vista, so I hooked up an external dvd drive and booted up vista installation disc.
    This process actually killed my AAO bios. After attempting to boot from dvd drive, nothing worked. No HDD activity, blank screen.
    Only thing that worked was the power button and the internal fan.

Luckily, I found this thread and followed the directions in "macles bios recovery"(be sure to follow the directions exactly), and within in 3 minutes, my AAO is back alive!

Thank you very much for the "macles bios recovery" tip !!!!

bobdole, Dec 6, 2008
Ask a Question