Bluetooth module for 751h?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by teckhian, Jul 25, 2009.

1. teckhian

teckhian

Hi, does anyone know if I can install a bluetooth module for my 751h? I've googled but was not able to find one that says is compatible with the 751h. There is an empty slot next to the wifi card. Thanks.

teckhian, Jul 25, 2009
  2. teckhian

jplatt09

I'm going to BUTP

Has anyone found a way to get the Acer bluetooth adapter (including the little switch in front)? or even an aftermarket one that would fit inside 751h? why did Acer Ship these without bluetooth if it had bluetooth designed into the system already?

Urrghh!

jplatt09, Sep 30, 2009
  3. teckhian

Bols

Don't know about using the extra mini pcie-slot for bluetooth, but the module that is preinstalled in the bluetooth-versions is the BCM 92045NMD, similar to this: http://cgi.ebay.com/BCM92045NMD-Bluetoo ... 286.c0.m14

I actually had to buy that one on ebay, as the one that was preinstalled had connection problems. Switched it with the one from ebay, and it works like charm.

I don't know if the non-bluetooth versions have a connector for the BT module, though. And they definitely don't have the connector cable. You can see a BT equipped 751 in this image http://netbookitalia.it/images/stories/ ... ndo_17.jpg
    The bluetooth module is in the upper image, in the lower right part, just left of the cardreader. Note the black connector cable that is attached to the lower right of the motherboard.

Bols, Sep 30, 2009
  4. teckhian

jplatt09

Thanks, thats great info...

jplatt09, Sep 30, 2009
  5. teckhian

Bramster

Does that mean it might not fit in my 751h ?

Bramster, Oct 26, 2009
  6. teckhian

Bols

Dunno...there are no images of the mainboard of a non-bluetooth-version of the 751 available on the interweb. Could be that the connector is there, so you just need the cable and the BT module. Tear it open and find out...it only takes 10-15 screws and some patience.

Bols, Oct 26, 2009
  7. teckhian

samiya

How do I download bluetooth onto my computer? I have bluetooth, but don't know how to download it. Also I need to figure out how to download pictures from my phone onto the computer.

samiya, Jan 28, 2010
  8. teckhian

AdamElphick

AdamElphick, Jan 28, 2010
  9. teckhian

tsim34

Hello all,
    I have the Acer aspire one 751h, mine does not have the socket on the motherboard, I did purchase the Bluetooth module from an eBay seller (it came with the correct lead, but with not having the plug socket on the board cant plug it in,
    if anyone would be kind enough to send me a decent photo of the on board Bluetooth socket so i can tell the sequence to solder the wires to the motherboard a picture with the plug in & out please if possible
    Many thanks Terry (Hexham UK)

tsim34, Apr 17, 2010
  10. teckhian

chid

hi tsim34
    it's probably better you started your own topic,
    anyway to your question, you should find a lot of information in the
    \service guide posted here
    viewtopic.php?f=87&t=20437

It explains the order of removing things and where the bluetooth module lies

chid, Apr 17, 2010
Ask a Question