Bluetooth on kubuntu

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Guest, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I have installed ubuntu on my aspire, but I have a bluetooth mouse I would like to use and it works but I have to do hidd --search from the terminal to pair it anytime I use it and its a pain I have to turn off the mouse and unplug the bluetooth adapter and plug back in and then turn the mouse back on and set to pair and do the hdd -- search even when it goes to sleep and I wake it. The main problem is on gnome the bluetooth gui doesnt do anything but see the mouse it wont pair or connect and on kde I cant find the kdebluetooth any where it says it is installed, does anybody know where to look for kdebluetooth?

Thanks

Guest, Nov 15, 2008
  2. Guest

jbernardo

Unfortunately, as kde seems to be a second class citizen on the *ubuntu distributions, bluez was updated just before intrepid launch, tested only under gnome, and broke kubuntu's bluetooth. Check bug #280997.

jbernardo, Nov 16, 2008
  3. Guest

annafil

I am running Kde 4.2 on 8.10 (the kubuntu official website will give you the repository link) with all the latest updates and i can confirm it was fixed only maybe a week ago.

At least its working now

annafil, Feb 10, 2009
Ask a Question