Boot Issues after 10 minutes

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by skiloa, Feb 24, 2009.

1. skiloa

skiloa

Honestly, no longer than 10 minutes after having the new Aspire One AOD150 on, the screen, within Windows, locked. I restarted the computer and the screen went black upon bootup, saying there was an issue reading a drive and asking me to restart. After around 20 attempts to restart, I tried erecovery. I get to the restore portion in erecovery and I get an error 1005, saying that "Restore Failed - Error code=1005(The volume does not contain a recognized file system. Please make sure that all required file system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted.).

I'm not sure what to do at this point. I've tried switching boot orders to every type of configuration. I've tried booting in safe mode, etc. Nothing works.

skiloa, Feb 24, 2009
  2. skiloa

jeremysdad

Were you surfing without AV? Sounds like something somehow corrupted the file system of your HDD. Do you have access to an XP install disc and an external CD drive? First step sounds like it should be running "chkdsk /r" from within the recovery console, but you need the two items mentioned to do so.

If it's brand new, you could always save the hassle and return it for an exchange from the retailer. I would do the first thing, but I am stubborn, and like to fix things...

jeremysdad, Feb 24, 2009
  3. skiloa

jackluo923

You should just take your AAO and ask them to switch a new one for you. The hdd in your AAO is messed up.

jackluo923, Feb 24, 2009
Ask a Question