boot problems

Discussion in 'Windows' started by caligal689, Dec 15, 2008.

1. caligal689

caligal689

i just bought a acer 1 , my boyfriend closed the computer w/o shutting down when i turned it on it windows would not boot up not even in safe mode. a blue sreen appears but its so fast i cannot see the error

i do not have a cd rom on this device only usb ports

i am new at this can some one help me please :(

caligal689, Dec 15, 2008
  2. caligal689

p3aul

Hi!
    It's a shame no one has answered you yet. My wife bought me one for Christmas, but she won't let me play with it til the big day! I have noticed this from a display at walmart. When I closed the cover on that one it went into sleep mode. opening up the cover didn't seem to bring it back up so I touched a key and the computer woke up displayed a logo screen and then the desktop. So what happened I think is that you closed the cover, the computer went to sleep and while it was booting up you pressed the on/off key. I would suggest if you haven't did this already is to shut the computer completely down, the restart it. This might fix the problem immediately or you may get a diagnostics screen. If you get the diagnostics screen just follow the prompts. I hope someone responds with some more and perhaps better advice.
    Paul

p3aul, Dec 16, 2008
  3. caligal689

lohtse

Do you have a usb memory stick??? if so would suggest you try one or two of the recovery options mentioned else where in the forums... The fault you mentioned is a windows problem not a netbook one. It happened on my old laptop and just rebooting to a recovery disk solved it for me... If all else fails just return to store where you purchased it for a replacement.

regards
    Andrew

lohtse, Dec 16, 2008
Ask a Question