Booting Up Probem

Discussion in 'Linux' started by ish, Dec 23, 2008.

1. ish

ish

I'm having a problem, when I boot up it gets "stuck" on the blue aspire one screen. It won't move any further than that. I haven't recently made any changes to the computer settings. How do I fix this?

ish, Dec 23, 2008
  2. ish

nmesisca

A clear-CMOS could help but its not easy on the AAO.
    Have you tried removing the battery for a few minutes, reinsert it and try again?

nmesisca, Dec 23, 2008
  3. ish

_mouse_

Well it fixed itself. I removed the battery and all power for about 5 minutes. Then tried and it still didn't work. So I went on my other computer, posted this, took a shower, came back and it booted fine.

_mouse_, Dec 23, 2008
  4. ish

ish

I'm just bumping this up because I'm having the same problem again. I've removed the battery and all power for about 15 minutes a couple times and it still won't boot past the blue screen.

ish, Mar 3, 2009
  5. ish

hakybaky

did you try recovery?

hakybaky, Mar 13, 2009
  6. ish

jrs

I'm having similar symptoms. I think it's the SSD for two reasons:
    1. The drive name and model show gibberish in the BIOS screen. (All else is normal.)
    2. Booting from a usb drive works great and the system runs reliably.

I'm hoping I can find a cheap replacement. These are nice but pricey:
    http://www.mydigitaldiscount.com/Catego ... i+ZIF+SSDs

jrs, Mar 18, 2009
  7. ish

ish

Okay, I'm about to go on a rampage because it's happening again. Last time I sent my computer in to Acer for repairs and it was gone for a week. Worked fine for 2 weeks, and then one morning had the same problem. Fortunately it worked itself out. Now it's been since yesterday. I'll be calling Acer when I get home. I really wish I had never bought this computer. This is ridiculous.

ish, May 28, 2009
  8. ish

pms5

I've had the same problem a couple of times.
    Have you added programs to the desktop by any chance? Mine seemed to start playing up when I altered the file to show a few programs that I'd previously been accessing from the right-click menu. Takes longer to load now too, even when it doesn't hang.
    Does anyone know if there's a backup file for this so I can swap back and check?

pms5, Jun 2, 2009
Ask a Question