Brand New Aspire One NOT LOADING ANYTHING.

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by promisevideo, Aug 26, 2011.

1. promisevideo

promisevideo

Hi Everyone,

Hopefully someone can help me out. I just bought an Acer Aspire One 11.6" with full Windows 7, dual core, 2gb ram. I purchased it two days ago, and ran the setup as I was prompted when I first booted it up. I registered for the free McAfee trial once setup was complete.

That is all I have done to the laptop, I have not installed anything or downloaded anything else.

When I open Internet Explorer, it will only load certain pages. Other pages will only load halfway, even though they say they are done. (Only half the webpage shows, content is missing). Often if I click links, nothing happens.

McAfee is turned off, but it will not load when I open the program. A white square appears where the program should be, but nothing else happens.

Not sure what I should do or how to fix this...

promisevideo, Aug 26, 2011
  2. promisevideo

andylynn

Return it and start over with a different computer.

andylynn, Aug 26, 2011
  3. promisevideo

Swarvey Moderator

Normally I would say run a full system recovery to reset the hole machine to defaults. But if it's only two days old, the store should be able to give you an outright replacement then and there, which will save a bit of stuffing around.

Swarvey, Aug 26, 2011
Ask a Question