Brando charger vs. stock Acer

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by DougHillman, Mar 3, 2009.

1. DougHillman

DougHillman

My charger from Brando just arrived.

http://shop.brando.com.hk/prod_detail.php?prod_id=02773

$23 + $3 shipping from Hong Kong to Chicagoish, so $26 US total.

Ordered on the 19th of February, arrived 11 days later on March 2nd.

I have the Lite-On version of the stock Acer charger. (Seems that there are a coupla different manufacturers for this thing.)
    It weighs .602 pounds or .273 kg, with a total reach of 11 foot, 2 inches. That's 340 cm for you oddballs.

The Brando charger weighs .396 lbs or 180 kg with the US standard 2-prong attachment. So it's roughly 65% the weight of the standard one. It's got a length of about 8' 2" which is 249 cm. That comes out to about 73% the length.

It's much easier to store in the bag I carry my AA1 in. Not having two cords to coil (particularly the thick stiff wall-to-brick one) makes it much less hassle.

I should probably check it with a multimeter and make sure it's giving me correct power, but that'd mean going out to the garage in the cold and digging up my multimeter. :) I plugged it in and the charging light came on, so I'm just gonna go with "working as intended" at the moment. :)

DougHillman, Mar 3, 2009
  2. DougHillman

jerryt

Sweet that it comes with all the different plug adapters.

jerryt, Mar 3, 2009
  3. DougHillman

acerventura

thanks for the info doug -it would be cool to see what the actual output of the brando one is-if its outputing 19v then it should be ok-but most of the cheap ones (3rd party) available they output 20v so im thinking surely sooner or later mainboard will get damaged.

doug can you post the LITEON part/model numbers along with voltage amps watts etc thats printed on your liteon charger? because i wanna order one but i havent the p/n anyway i see some places (US) have LITEON -some have DELTA & in the EU they have HIPRO ones included as standard with the AA1. Im wondering why that is...

acerventura, Mar 4, 2009
  4. DougHillman

DougHillman

Model # is listed as PA-1300-04
    Input: 100-240 V~ 50-60Hz 1.0A
    Output: 19V 1.58A

[attachment=0:2lvv4fe4]liteon.jpg[/attachment:2lvv4fe4]

DougHillman, Mar 5, 2009
  5. DougHillman

Scissors

Man, the inside is laughing to myself.
    I remember reading the user manual, Remember the user manual? Feels like ancient history to me. but
    it stated that you shouldn't use thing like this. If I carried my Aspire one manual still like in the ancient days, I'd cite the paragraph.

Offtopic:
    Hey DougHillman, does that keyboard in the pic light up?

Scissors, Mar 7, 2009
  6. DougHillman

DougHillman

Yes it does. :)

Blue, of course, cuz anything that's glowey blue is immediately better & faster. :)

It's a Sunbeamtech that a buddy bought for me somewhere for like $20 or so. (Newegg.com possibly?)

www.sunbeamtech.com

It looks like they don't make the keyboard any longer, but you might be able to find one out there somewhere.

DougHillman, Mar 7, 2009
  7. DougHillman

Scissors

Oh, LOL, PS2 or USB?
    I guess I don't really need to know. I'll just stick with my crappy USB Microsoft Curve keyboard.
    [​IMG]
    man, do I hate that thing. It goes beyond standards of typing so I gotta watch my fingers from time to time. Not a good choice.

Scissors, Mar 7, 2009
  8. DougHillman

acerventura

@doug thanks for the info-did you check the brando one with a multimeter? hows the brando one going?- ive read that the travel chargers that are supplied with ASUS netbooks are really cool, they have retractable/fold-in power leg pins that makes it more practical/ compact/flush. WHY CANT ALL THESE LAPTOP MANUFACTURERS MAKE THEM LIKE THIS ASUS ONE?

acerventura, Mar 8, 2009
  9. DougHillman

DougHillman

I haven't checked the Brando charger with a multi yet. I'm in the process of reorganizing both of my garages and a bunch of my tools are jumbled into boxes awaiting sorting and such. The multimeter is at the bottom of one of those boxes. I've got a brake job to do this coming weekend, so I'm hoping to get the tools all sorted sometime this week. :)

I used the AA1 for about 3 hours the other day while plugged in to the Brando charger. The wall box got pretty darn hot. It's sat powered off on the charger for several hours a coupla times over the weekend without any serious heat issues. I'll be using it on the AC again for about 3-4 hours tonite. Will report back on any heat issues tomorrow.

Scissors, my keyboard is PS2.

DougHillman, Mar 9, 2009
Ask a Question