Brightness level question for owners

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by creepinchi, Feb 22, 2009.

1. creepinchi

jychow

thanks for your reply. I truly appreciate.

I am reading up on the net on how to make changes to scheme options and what it does. Have never play with such setting. Found this very interesting write up by a pro.. :) will try it out. http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=240804

However, I think this address the issue of color and saturation. does it address the issue of brightness setting? coz it doesn't remember the brightness setting like any other notebook. I have to adjust it manually everytime. However, it doesn't bother me now as I have set it up to default to lowest setting as i don't like my screen to be too bright. Well, it is funny as it still doesn't address the issue at bios 1.05.

Any AAO user out there have this problem? :?:

jychow, Mar 18, 2009
  2. creepinchi

oh_johny

The Intel graphics chip has a tool in the right side of the windows desktop tray.The Color Correction provides for both color correction and over all brightness/contrast - This is done by providing a "ganged" color setting where all 3 primary colors are "ganged" together - this is the "ALL Colors" setting. If this is selected moving the sliders (3 are provided) increase/decreases the chosen control, be it gamma,brightness or contrast. If you want to do color correction you would select a primary color, instead of "ALL" and modify it using the same controls.

This is handy for increasing the brightness of low level/ dark videos as well as changing the hues when using your laptop with a projector that might change the colors of your presentation due to the color temperature of the projector bulb.

No instructions are provided in the Acer manual, and the help provided by using the "?" in the Intel control panel are minimal at best.

oh_johny, Mar 18, 2009
Ask a Question