Broke my One, replace?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by brachiopod, Nov 2, 2008.

1. brachiopod

brachiopod

I broke my One a few weeks ago (cracked the screen). I'd like to get a new netbook, and if I got another One I could reuse the battery from the broken One, etc. I have not been following the forums since I was disgusted with breaking the machine ha, but is it true that the the two things that bothered me about the One are not fixed yet? The fan ran continuously, and the screen was too bright to use at my desk. I see people still struggling with "fan control software", but is this for the newer machines too? Supposedly they were going "fix" the flickering screen by disallowing the lower brightness settings... that is just going to make the brightness problem worse if you ask me. Are the newer machines improved or should I wait for something else? I'd something that was as quiet as my eeePC 701 and had comparable screen brightness settings.

brachiopod, Nov 2, 2008
  2. brachiopod

Tamrac

The fan problem is not on all AAO units. There are(inlcuding mine) units that have very silent fans. The clickering thing I have not experienced also, maybe because I've updated the BIOS before it began to happen. So yeah the brightness thing is still there. The flickering is also not on all the units since I have friends with the older BIOS and still no flicker after months of use. If I were in your shoe, although it's cool to have 2 batteries. I would rather get a Lenovo S10 instead.

Tamrac, Nov 2, 2008
  3. brachiopod

solman

sell me your battery if you decide to not buy another aa1. :)

solman, Nov 2, 2008
Ask a Question