Broke my screen!

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by echelonphoto, Feb 26, 2009.

1. echelonphoto

echelonphoto

I have an aspire with the 8.9 screen and 160g HD. Unfortunately...it was on the floor near my desk and my chair leg wound up on top of it and I sat down....voila...broken screen! the laptop works fine other wise thru an external monitor...but I bought this for travel...so I need the existing screen. I have already ordered a new screen for $100...I will replace it myself. I have already done this procedure with another laptop for my daughter and it worked out fine...does anyone have specific instructions for the aspire one screen?

echelonphoto, Feb 26, 2009
  2. echelonphoto

teh_qube

other than replacing a screen on another laptop have you opened the aspire one before?

teh_qube, Feb 26, 2009
  3. echelonphoto

echelonphoto

No...I have not

4. echelonphoto

jeremysdad

jeremysdad, Feb 26, 2009
  5. echelonphoto

echelonphoto

Thanks

6. echelonphoto

teh_qube

and definetily look at the how to put a touhscreen thread. it explains how to open the AAO as its abit tricky..

also take a look at youtube for tutorials, it helps alot..

if you have any questions just ask! its easy to **** it up due to acers' awesome way of putting the aao together.. -_-

teh_qube, Feb 27, 2009
  7. echelonphoto

jeremysdad

Honestly, if you think about it, they put it together and designed it like they did to keep the price point down to where it was. They streamlined the design and assembly process, much the same way that Henry Ford did the automobile. They were not taking user-modification and repair into consideration, which does not have to be a priority to them. Regardless, they changed it in the new One, which is awesome.

Just saying, would you rather have to pay more, or take out a few more screws.

Also, I am pretty sure that once you get far enough into any laptop (screen replacement, etc) they are universally a pain in the ass to get apart.

jeremysdad, Feb 27, 2009
Ask a Question