Broke Something While In Terminal

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by maxpower, Jan 2, 2009.

1. maxpower

maxpower

I was playing around, trying to get Amarok to play .m4a files and then got aggravated and tried to uninstall amarok. the terminal didn't do anything after saying connection refused.

The I tried to update using sudo yum update fedora-release, it struck on something, and now when I try and add/remove software it doesn't retrieve any software. It's just stuck, not doing anything.

What did I break and how do I fix it?

maxpower, Jan 2, 2009
  2. maxpower

Rapax

You probably didn't break anything. Uninstalling amarok shouldn't mess up anything major, and updating the fedora-release repo certainly shouldn't.
    What you're describing sounds more like some network trouble, making it impossible for your AAO to connect to the repo servers (or at least one of them). You can try leaving it for a while. It should time out on itself.

On a second thought, you might want to try 'sudo yum clean all', That would clear any packages and headers that are stuck in the cache after an interrupted download. Might help.

Rapax, Jan 2, 2009
Ask a Question