Browsers are just haning

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by txrocker281, Jun 15, 2009.

1. txrocker281

txrocker281

I am sorry if this is the wrong section to post this problem. Recently I have installed Firefox and IE8(trough the Windows Updates) and uninstalled most of the stock software (such as McAfee as I rather use AVG). But now I seem to have problems navigating the internet. I open up my browser(wheter it be IE or FF) and it just hangs and loads very slowly the home page. FireFox just sits and hangs loading up google, and IE the same. I dont know what the prob may be, all other functions on the laptop work fine. The WLAN switch is on and I am connected to my acess point.Any Ideas?

Oh, I am typing this trough another laptop connected to the same acess point.

txrocker281, Jun 15, 2009
  2. txrocker281

jimcpl

Hi,

With IE, is it hanging with "Connecting..." displayed in the default tab?

I know that yous said you had uninstalled Mcafee, but see this:

viewtopic.php?f=66&t=15443

Maybe check in the place mentioned in the above post, and see if those plugins are still somehow enabled?

Not sure if the problem that I encountered happens with IE8 either (I didn't upgrade the original IE7), but hope this helps.

Jim

jimcpl, Jun 19, 2009
Ask a Question