BSOD while Installing Xp SP3

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by ameykmt, Oct 7, 2009.

1. ameykmt

ameykmt

I'm having Acer Aspire One A0A150 and current BIOS Version V0.3310. Have even tried on V0.3114

The Lappy came installed with Limpus Linux. I then installed Xp SP3 through USB drive. This was about 3 months back. Now, few days ago, when I tried to install Xp SP3 again, just when the blue screen appears Windows Setup is now starting, it stops there, and the dreaded blue screen of death appears.

I have Limpus Linux iso image, which I made bootable through USB, and tried to install, but it stops at the first step itself. When I click Install, the progress indicator appears, but it never moves. Waited waited waited for hours, but waste.

I also tried to install Xp SP3, from the windows explorer, it started, done halfway, but fucked up everything, after first reboot. I'm now in a very precarious situation, with no OS on my lappy, and neither is in the mood to get installed. XP SP3 is what I want. Can someone of you tell me what could be the reason for BSOD? What all possibilities? and anything I can do, to solve the problem? I don't have USB CD ROM. Pen Drive is the only option

For BSOD, I get error Technical information as,
    *** STOP: 0x0000006B (0xC0000003A, 0X00000002, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)

ameykmt, Oct 7, 2009
Ask a Question