Bugs?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Ariel, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Ariel

Ariel

Humm just found something interesting while trying out my new toy for some reason open office documents doesn't let me type more than twelve pages, no matter how many times I try to create a new file... can anyone else recreate this error?

Ariel, Jul 11, 2008
  2. Ariel

Ariel

Update: Ok folks I've gone to one of the shops here and tried to recreate the fault, II keep getting the same problem.

on the writer program on the 8GB ssd enter some text and copy it then paste until you get about twelve or thirteen pages, at one point you wont be able to type any more.

Any Ideas suggestions. cant be good if you're trying to open a longer document.

Ariel, Jul 12, 2008
  3. Ariel

dbs

I tried that with my device and could not reproduce it. I stopped at page 367, which I assume indicates that there is no obvious limit.

Tried with full text pages, so I don't think there is a kind of limitation. If you insert objects or pictures it might be you run out of memory or swap space - but 12 pages seems strange.

I tried Open Office with the default OS on the Aspire One. I assume you did the same. Now we just need to figure out where your bug is coming from.

dbs, Jul 12, 2008
  4. Ariel

Ariel

I typed the word "test test" and then cut and pasted until I filled the page .. I've managed to re-create this on two machines so far .. one stopped at thirteen and one at twelve pages .. you think its the swap file? twelve pages of text shouldn't be very much should it?

Ariel, Jul 12, 2008
  5. Ariel

dbs

Press ENTER once in a while. After that you should be able to continue. I guess it's either the Spell Check or the Undo buffer when you type in extra long lines without Line Break. I assume this is more a Open Office problem in combination with the limited resources.

You won't encounter problems with real text input.

dbs, Jul 12, 2008
  6. Ariel

Ariel

Hmm... your right pressing enter avoids the problem. I'll submit a bug report to open office.

Thanks!

Ariel, Jul 12, 2008
  7. Ariel

bdogg64

I don't know if this counts as a bug, when if you're playing something in the media master and the computer has been idle for a couple of minutes, the media stops playing until you move the mouse or press a button.

bdogg64, Jul 12, 2008
  8. Ariel

boono

Hej,
    first, sorry for my bad English. i think i have an bug with my aspire one, since the installing the second online update, the touchpad is not working anymore. Well it works at start up, until the Wlan is loading. does anyone have the same problem or know how to deinstall the second online update, without using the recovery cd? :)

boono, Jul 13, 2008
  9. Ariel

Ariel

Have you checked the power saving settings?

Ariel, Jul 14, 2008
Ask a Question