Built-in Webcam Disconnect/Connect Automatically!

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by tolui, Feb 28, 2010.

1. tolui

tolui

Recently I had this weired sound of USB connect/disconnect whenever I'm closing or opening the lid. I discovered that when I put my screen in certain positions, the webcam disconnects, but in other positions, it connects and can be accessed.

Is there any way to open the lid and checking the cables and connections over there by myself!? Or should I send my AAO to Acer Techicians!?

BTW My built-in mic isn't working a long time ago but I didn't pay any attention to that. Maybe it was diconncted as webcam!

tolui, Feb 28, 2010
  2. tolui

NextMissingLink

Toloi. You don't say which model you have or what operating system you run.
    On the one hand, I've seen many many threads about mic problems caused by software and none by loose wires.
    On the other, even factory slaves have off days so you should definitely phone acer if you think wires are loose.
    btw w0t dz usb disconnect s0|_|nd lyk?

NextMissingLink, Mar 1, 2010
  3. tolui

tolui

Thanks for reply.. I have AAO D150 with WinXP. The webcam is working fine if the led wasn't fully opened (only 30 degree angle). If I opened the lid more than that.. the USB-disconnecting sound play and webcam disappear suddenly. But when I'm closing the led again or at angle less than 30 it reconnects (USB-sound connecting plays again)! That's why I'm thinking it's a hardware problem!

tolui, Mar 1, 2010
  4. tolui

NextMissingLink

*tolui. hmmn.
    /knits_brow -looks_worried.
    Soz for being flippant. I'd agree with you. could possibly be a sensor/driver issue but who knows?

NextMissingLink, Mar 1, 2010
  5. tolui

Swarvey Moderator

If you have warranty, send it for repair.

Sounds more than likely that during assembly the all-in-one cable running from the motherboard, through the hinge and up to the monitor, cam and mic have been pinched and possibly damaged. They may not have been like this from the get-go, but if they've been getting stressed (by being used) then you could very well have a broken cable inside the wiring harness.

Swarvey, Mar 4, 2010
  6. tolui

danielh

I have exactly the same problem as described above! guess it's a damaged or loose cable at the point where the screen rotates. Will open the laptop up soon to check. Do you guys think the cam and/or cable of an Acer extenza 5602Z (which also has a Crystal eye cam) are exchangeable? I have this laptop at home for parts..

danielh, Jun 9, 2010
Ask a Question