Buying XP version, is the Acer Linpus avaliable to install?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by kiwiumpc, Aug 16, 2008.

1. kiwiumpc

kiwiumpc

I'm buying an XP edition one (I need the drive space otherwise I'd get the linux version) but I hardly ever use XP, I'd be very keen to install the optimised linpus as a basis for some major modification.
    Can the acer specific distro be downloaded anywhere? If not would there be any reason why someone with a linux version couldn't upload an image of the linux recovery CD?

EDIT: Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who's contributed to this forum, it's been very helpful in making my netbook choice of purchase

kiwiumpc, Aug 16, 2008
  2. kiwiumpc

unkn0vvn_al

unkn0vvn_al, Aug 16, 2008
  3. kiwiumpc

kiwiumpc

awesome thanks.

kiwiumpc, Aug 16, 2008
  4. kiwiumpc

gbee

kiwiumpc does that mean the 120Gb HDD version isn't available with linux in your country?

gbee, Aug 16, 2008
  5. kiwiumpc

kiwiumpc

Yes there is no linux 120gig version :(
    There is an 8gig/512MB Linux version and a 120gig/1GB XP Version, one of the main computer suppliers in New Zealand is only supplying the 2 versions in blue...
    Funny thing is all the chain stores are carrying XP versions and the computer shops have the linux, Im waiting for the above supplier to have the XP model in stock, I try to avoid paying retail for my toys

kiwiumpc, Aug 16, 2008
Ask a Question