Camera control via usb (any software?)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by p_sapelas, Jul 29, 2009.

1. p_sapelas

p_sapelas

Hi everybody.. I want to use my AAO for photography due to the fact that I 've got a MF lens f/1.8. The problem is that many times when the light is low i dont know if the focus is right, what i need is to see the picture I've taken immediately to my AAO via usb? Is there any software? I am gonna use my own the camera settings and everything but i want my frames immediately to my AAO to see what I 've done. I have the linpus version ssd 8gb. Thanks for your time.
    Regards P.Sapelas

p_sapelas, Jul 29, 2009
  2. p_sapelas

adrianaitken

depends on your camera. Does it have the ability to do this ?
    Also, since you mention you use linpus, the chances of getting any software is remote (!!). Most softwar is written for WIndows or Mac users (certainly for Nikon/Canon cameras).
    You really need to be more specific detailing what equipment you have to get a more specific answer.

adrianaitken, Jul 31, 2009
  3. p_sapelas

p_sapelas

Adrian I suppose you're right. My camera is Nikon D60 and I really don't have any idea what should I use. I only know that with camera control (windows edition) Can take photos from my pc. That's what I ' ve done so far. I read about Eye-Fi but the cost is big and the onboard wi-fi doesn't support Ad-hoc so.. Anyway I may need many things to do, but what I've described in the post before is something that I should do. Thanks again for your time.
    Panagiotis

p_sapelas, Aug 1, 2009
  4. p_sapelas

da0acer0

Panagiotis,

For the D60, you can use "Nikon Camera Control Pro 2" to do exactly what it was you wanted. Unfortunately its only for windows/mac, and costs around $180, BUT you can get a free trial from the Nikon website. I have also read about some free alternatives that work with Nikon's, however they escape me at the moment (a quick google search for the above mentioned software will bring up tons of threads where people review it and also offer free alternatives).

da0acer0, Oct 21, 2009
  5. p_sapelas

DawMatt

I posted some free and not so free Windows Nikon tethering software options here a while back:
    http://thephotogeek.com/choosing-nikon- ... -software/

Unfortunately the D60 is old enough that it isn't covered by Nikon's recently released APIs so options are limited.

Matt

DawMatt, Oct 27, 2009
  6. p_sapelas

pauljordan

pauljordan, Aug 21, 2010
Ask a Question