Can anyone help

Discussion in 'Linux' started by skinnerus, Oct 3, 2008.

1. skinnerus

skinnerus

I tried this in the request guide section but no replies so i will try for a answer here.
    I bought a AAO 150 120gb with linpus installed and I have managed to install windows xp onto it but now I would like to compare the original linpus that was supplied with the one against the xp before I decide which is right for me. I now need to get the original system back onto the one to use in dual boot so I can compare the two. I can get both systems backed up using ghost and reinstalled but can anyone give me pointers on how to istall the linpus back onto the one alonside the xp. Or even suggest a guide that would explain this.

Thanks in advance.

Les

skinnerus, Oct 3, 2008
  2. skinnerus

jammer

I believe it will be tricky due to the fact the linpus media you have on the CD is restore media. When the restore runs it will more than likely re-partition the disk to the default over-writing any Win XP installations.

So dual booting with the original Linpus will be difficult and I would like to try it. You could use the Linpus Lite off the Linpus website or another flavour of linux, ubuntu, fedora, suse but then these are not tailored to the Aspire one like the original.

Other flavours of linux that allows a custom installation can be easily installed dual booted with Windows XP once you use something like Acronis Disk director or GParted to shrink the windows partition to allow space for the linux partition(s).

jammer, Oct 3, 2008
  3. skinnerus

skinnerus

Thanks for this guess i will have to stay with xp in the meantime

skinnerus, Oct 4, 2008
Ask a Question