Can I upgrade video card?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by tuxr99, Aug 25, 2010.

1. tuxr99

tuxr99

I have the AO532h, and was wondering if it's possible to upgrade the video card. And was also wondering if installing the Crystal HD pci card would help things. Thanks.

tuxr99, Aug 25, 2010
  2. tuxr99

bluevolume

The "video card" is built into the CPU, so no, you cannot upgrade it. Upgrading the video hardware is almost never possible on laptops/netbooks.

Adding the Crystal HD board will help immensely if you are trying to play Flash video or HD files (assuming it supports the associated codecs). It will not help with anything other than that, such as gaming or 3D performance, speed of the Aero interface, etc.

bluevolume, Aug 25, 2010
  3. tuxr99

tuxr99

Thanks for the reply. Luckily I don't have to worry about the aero interface, as I use ubuntu. ;)

I've heard some good things about crystal HD, and since it is mainly for flash and movies, it might be worth it. But I really don't have a problem with overall performance . It's just that flash can be a resource hog at times, and I usually have a couple things going at once.

tuxr99, Aug 25, 2010
Ask a Question