Canadian Keyboard Cover?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by MN12BIRD, Nov 26, 2008.

1. MN12BIRD

MN12BIRD

Hey guys I'm from Canada and I don't own one of these units (would if I had the extra money to spend on a toy!) but I sell them where I work and I've sold one to a lady who is looking for a Keyboard cover for her unit. She claims we have sold her a European version as the Keyboard is different than the normal US version. She says at Wal-Mart they sell the same ones as the US but I just think Wal-Mart IS selling the US ones since they are such a big American company. The Canadian Acer site doesn't seem to mention anything or show a picture of the keyboard.

So is it normal for Canadians to get this European keyboard?

More importantly can we get a keyboard cover for the Euro version? She has looked everywhere and can't find one. I've done a little searching but I don't have all the time in the world at work so I figured I would ask you guys.

Thanks,

Jake

MN12BIRD, Nov 26, 2008
  2. MN12BIRD

Forone

Bought mine at Canadian Staples, and it came with a bilingual English/French keyboard (French in green.) The size of the keys rather than the few green markings are the biggest concern - no idea how a "cover" could work on such small keys. Like any keyboard, you just get used to it. Below is a neat little application for redefining keys, and some ideas how to use it are elsewhere on this site:

http://webpages.charter.net/krumsick/

Forone, Nov 26, 2008
  3. MN12BIRD

MN12BIRD

Sorry she told me you can get a rubberized protective cover for the US keyboard. I think its mainly to protect it from spills etc. She has no problem with the bilingual keyboard otherthan she can't find a cover for it.

MN12BIRD, Nov 27, 2008
  4. MN12BIRD

agosine

Has anyone found a Canadian keyboard skin yet?

agosine, Jan 25, 2009
  5. MN12BIRD

Forone

Forone, Jan 25, 2009
  6. MN12BIRD

agosine

Thanks Forone, but that one is for the American Keyboard.
    I have seen what people are calling a flat keyboard skin. Not exactly sure how these are when typing on.

agosine, Mar 11, 2009
Ask a Question