Cannot install XP no matter whet I do...

Discussion in 'Windows' started by scwinn, May 27, 2009.

1. scwinn

scwinn

I have an AOA 150. I have tried for days to install XP on it (I had been using UNR for a while) I followed the instructions using BootPE

I did the txt mode first, then it rebooted and did gui mode. It went all the way through, automatically
    rebooted itself and then gives me an error that there is a missing or corrupt hal.dll file. I got the
    same error on two copies of XP as well.

If I boot up once again from USB and enter gui mode, I get a BSOD. I cannot make out the error code
    since it goes through fast.

HELP!!!

scwinn, May 27, 2009
  2. scwinn

sdelliott31

Have you checked the hard drive for errors? Could it be a RAM problem?

sdelliott31, May 28, 2009
  3. scwinn

dsousa

Don't know if this will help in your situation but I was having trouble re-installing windows on a D150 after installing Linux. I had to go into the bios and under the SATA drive change the setting to IDE then I booted to UNR on a USB drive and used the partition manager to delete the MBR partition. After this I was able to install Windows with out a hitch.

dsousa, May 31, 2009
  4. scwinn

sdelliott31

I went and reinstalled XP recently and because of a hard drive purchase and I kept coming up with errors. I looked at everything but the obvious. Turned out I had just enough of a scratch on my disk that it would not install. I used a different disk with the same copy on it and XP installed just fine. Maybe a possibility.

sdelliott31, Jun 4, 2009
Ask a Question