Cannot Print

Discussion in 'Linux' started by richware, May 5, 2009.

1. richware

richware

I have an Aspire 110 runnning linpus linux, has anybody got any ideas for getting my Epson Stylus Photo 830 to print. The Epson website does not have a driver but directs you to AVASYS website which does not download to the browser.

My computer recognises the printer is connected but when you setup it up it directs me to a different Epson driver as there is not one available on the computer.

I cannot print a test page or any files.

Is there a generic driver that can be used.

Many thanks for your help

richware, May 5, 2009
  2. richware

solpuerto

Hi richware

There is a driver for your printer within the gutenprint package. It should be available under Add/Remove software and then select List and scroll down till you find the first 2 entries for gutenprint. The first is Printer Drivers Package and the next is Cups Drivers for etc.
    Tick both then Apply.
    Then under Settings select Printing then New Printer then Forward and select Epson.

Best wishes.

EDIT
    Just in case you have not activated the right click menu, open Terminal, Alt and F2 keys together.
    Click run
    Type in xfce-setting-show then enter
    Select Desktop the the Behaviour tab
    Under Menu tick Show Desktop Menu on Right Click
    Then close the window. When you right mouse click on the desktop the Xfce menu will be displayed and Add/Remove is under System.

solpuerto, May 7, 2009
  3. richware

richware

Hi solpuerto

Many thanks for the advice, I have installed the software that you recommended and when I connected my printer it immediately saw the printer. I have printed out the test page and I have been able to print out my 'word' files.

Many thanks again

Regards
    richware

richware, May 8, 2009
  4. richware

avel3976

Please help! I too am fairly new to Linux but am slowly getting my head around it all.

I have a brother hl2140 and was able to get and install the linux driver for it. My issue now is how to get the printer to use the installed driver???? I can see in packet manager that the driver is there but how do i get the printer to use it? Currently the driver being used is for the HL2170 although it says recommended I can not get it to do a test print...the spool will run when asked to do a test print but no print out is produced.

Any help is appreciated.

avel3976, Jun 24, 2009
  5. richware

phoenixeagle

Hi
    I am a total novice as far as linux is concerned.
    I have a lexmark 2400 that I need to link to for printing, and tried to follow the advice in a previous post,but i cannot see add/remove programs
    can someone please give me simple instructions I have an aspire 1 with 512mb and 8gb hdd
    thanks

phoenixeagle, Jun 30, 2009
  6. richware

mishimishi

I also have problems printing.

I am running Linus on my aspire one. I turned off the computer and connected my new brother dcp7030 printr via a USB cablle.

I use the utiity toconfigure the printer and then tried to run a test page printing.

It didn't work and neither does any other type of printing I try.

Help!

mishimishi, Jul 13, 2009
Ask a Question