cannot remove THC-Hydra

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Zorofroozo, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Zorofroozo

Zorofroozo

i'm trying to compile THC-Hydra, but i always get an error
    Code:
    checking for gtk+-2.0 >= 2.0.0... Package gtk+-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path. Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gtk+-2.0.pc' to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable No package 'gtk+-2.0' found
    configure: error: Library requirements (gtk+-2.0 >= 2.0.0) not met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.

any ideas how to fix this? i couldn't find the correspondending gtk+-2.*.pc file, so maybe it isn't installed, but i seem to have installed it in the package manager, i don't understand.

thx in advance

Zorofroozo, Nov 26, 2008
  2. Zorofroozo

RockDoctor

Re: cannot comile THC-Hydra, gtk problem

You need the dev package:
    Code:
    sudo yum install gtk2-devel
    It'll pull in a bunch of other development packages you need along with it

RockDoctor, Nov 26, 2008
  3. Zorofroozo

Zorofroozo

Re: cannot comile THC-Hydra, gtk problem

it worked, but something seems wrong with hydra, it gives errors when i use it.
    so i tried unistalling it: "make unistall", but like i expected, they didn't include a uninstall part.
    Tried installing "checkinstall" from rpm and from source, both got installed, but when i type checkinstall, it says command unknown.

any ideas? i'm trying to uninstall hydra now, I stopped believing i can find the pass/username for my router. Just want hydra of my sytem

Zorofroozo, Nov 27, 2008
  4. Zorofroozo

Zorofroozo

found it ^^

installed a Fedora7 package of checkinstall and then reinstalled hydra, and then installed it trpugh the packetmanager :p

thx for all the help

Zorofroozo, Nov 27, 2008
  5. Zorofroozo

Zorofroozo

close plz

Zorofroozo, Nov 30, 2008
Ask a Question