Canon EOS 300D camera upload?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Willum, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Willum

Willum

Is there a way to upload photos from my Canon EOS 300D camera to my Aspire One (running Linux). When I connect the camera using the USB cable nothing happens.

Willum, Nov 25, 2008
  2. Willum

John-H

As I have a Canon 20D this interested me. After doing some Googling I can't find any Linux drivers for the 300D.

Seems the easiest way to upload your images is to use a external card reader (as the AA1 doesn't take CF cards) put your CF card into the reader and upload through that.

I've just tried using a Belkin external reader and the CF card was picked up by File Manager straight away. All I need now is a way of reading RAW files.........

HTH

John

Edit
    Found a RAW file reader / editor - UFRaw

John-H, Nov 27, 2008
  3. Willum

Willum

John,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I too gave up searching for a Linux driver and bought a Belkin 15-in-1 Media Reader. I don't normally work with RAW files so this is a good solution for me. It also works with other computers, and is light enough to use when travelling.

Willum.

Willum, Nov 30, 2008
Ask a Question