Can't access file manager

Discussion in 'Linux' started by baldywood, Dec 31, 2009.

1. baldywood

baldywood

Help! Problem with Linux.

If I try to open file manager, my documents, my music etc, nothing happens. The cursor changes for a second, then nothing. This goes for the right click menu as well.

I can get around it for some file types, for example by opening a document through open office. All the files/drives are accessible. Though, this doesn't work with my external hard drive for music/video etc. Seeing as the inbuilt memory on the acer one is rubbish, that means all my files are currently unaccessible! Most annoying.

Any ideas?

baldywood, Dec 31, 2009
  2. baldywood

RockDoctor

Idea #1: Your problem is not due to the inbuilt memory on your Aspire One; it's due to a corruption one or more files used by your file manager (possibly the file managr executable itself) to determine the default program with which to open a particular file.
    Idea #2: Reinstall your file manager.
    Idea #3: If you can't reinstall your file manager, install a differrent file manager and try using it.
    Idea #4: Boot your Aspire One from a bootable USB stick, copy your personal files to an external device of some type, then install a frendlier Linux distribution on your Aspire One.

RockDoctor, Jan 3, 2010
Ask a Question