Can't believe how easy it was to install...!!!

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Naith, May 7, 2009.

1. Naith

Naith

Compared to installing XP on the AAO this was a dream :D

Simply extracted the Win7 .iso files to my flash drive formatted in FAT32, then pressed F12 on boot. Next chose my USB drive and the installation process started. Within 30 mins I was booting into Win7 only to find ALL the necessary drivers had been picked up by Win7! :lol:

The only one missing was the Synaptics driver for the pad, but to be quite honest I find the bog standard MS mouse one installed more sensitive, so I may not bother installing the Synaptics one. Oh, and the Atheros Wi-Fi card was detected and the light works fine...

So far I've installed Office 2007, Skype, Live Messenger, AVG, Firefox, VLC Player, etc

It seems as fast as XP and it sure looks nicer with some decent additions to the OS. The only downside is the battery life which is maybe around 15 mins less on Win7 with the standard battery.

Yes, I have to say, I'm lovin' it ;)

Naith, May 7, 2009
  2. Naith

TantalusFld

How long can you use win 7 ? Does it expire or drop dead after a time period? If so then what do you do?

Jim

TantalusFld, May 7, 2009
  3. Naith

Naith

I think it's until June 2010. But that's OK because I usually format my machines after a year.

I say 'cross that bridge when you come to it'! There will most likely be workarounds to use Win7 after that...

Naith, May 7, 2009
Ask a Question