can't change resolution + other pbs

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Dopa, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Dopa

Dopa

Hi everyone,

I had my OS changed from Linpus to WinXP by a colleague recently. I don't know if it's his fault but the result is not very good at all:

- for some reasons my resolution is stuck to 800*600 and when I try to change it in the control panel the cursor wont move :shock: It looks like the option is disabled.
    - I can't put the laptop on stand by, it's either on or off :x the option also seems to be disabled (the "stand by" button is greyed and I can't click it)

I also can't connect surf the web on wi-fi at home : I am connected but pages won't load (but I managed to surf the web at a friend's place so I suspect my internet to be the culprit on this one :roll: )

Can anyone help me ? I don't know where to start nor even what to look for ..

Thank you very much

Dopa, Mar 16, 2011
  2. Dopa

Swarvey Moderator

sounds like your "collegue" hasnt installed any drivers for the machine. This link wil take you to the Acer support site, select Download from the panel on the left, then netbook on the right, followed by Aspire One, followed by your model (you'll find the model number on the bottom of the machine), then in the drop down box, select Windows XP (home or professional, doesn't really matter) x32 (or x86, or 32 bit).

You'll need to download and install the chipset, graphics, wifi and any other drivers. Under "Applications" you'll need ePowerManagement and the Dritek keyboard software.

There are multiple manufacturers for the WiFi, LAN, Bluetooth and webcam, so you'll have to try the drivers one at a time for these hardware items until you get one that installs.

After you've got all the drivers downloaded and installed the machine should run like a treat.

Swarvey, Mar 16, 2011
Ask a Question