cant change the dir in freedos..

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by Guest, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

No matter what letter i try i cant change the dir where the files to update the bios is.. I always get the disk a:, and dont c:..

Any help?

Guest, Dec 21, 2008
  2. Guest

singraham

What finally worked for me, after an hour of trying various other solutions, and reburning the memory stick twice, was just to type C (nothing else) and hit return. That should do it.

singraham, Dec 21, 2008
  3. Guest

jinx022

You are not changing directory but changing partition/drive. In DOS this is done by just typing the desired drive letter followed by a colon like C: .

jinx022, Dec 27, 2008
  4. Guest

sidenius

I know it's an old thread, but I have just had same problem. Here is my surprising solution!
    I have read several desperate comments about having trouble changing to drive letter C: during the Freedos bios updating-process.
    I experienced the same problem: tried every letter from A: to Z: - no luck.
    By total coincidence i found a strange solution. I tested every key with and without the shift key and to my surprise I found a secondary colon when I hit the key combination - shift+Æ - on my danish keyboard (the danish Æ-key is positioned right to the L-key. Using this secondary colon instead of the official colon solved my problem: suddenly I could change drive letter to C:
    Hope this can solve the problem for others

Bertil

sidenius, Jan 15, 2009
  5. Guest

jinx022

That is brilliant!

On a US keyboard the colon is located where you describe - left of the L-key plus shift.

jinx022, Jan 15, 2009
  6. Guest

Dan1jel

life saver! thnx for the info, now i manage to update my bios :D

Dan1jel, Jan 26, 2009
Ask a Question