Cant Delete Selected Items at Times

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by steveK, Oct 9, 2008.

1. steveK

steveK

Sometimes when I select items to be deleted,the color is black,not blue and the items cannot be deleted. Even when the color is blue I have trouble deleting them sometimes. Seems very strange so I hope there is an explanation. Most of the time I have to bring the cursor to the beginning of the items and delete one character at a time,which is quite a bit slower with long sentences/paragraphs.

steveK, Oct 9, 2008
  2. steveK

sdousley

Where are you trying to delete the "items" ? This sounds like something in Open Office?

sdousley, Oct 9, 2008
  3. steveK

steveK

I am trying to delete items from all different kinds of text fields on the net,or offline programs as well. I dont know what you mean by openoffice,and how would I check this? thanks

steveK, Oct 9, 2008
  4. steveK

sdousley

Openoffice is the office suite that comes with the Aspire One Linux version. I cant say as i have ever noticed this myself. Are you on a Windows One, or a Linux one? If Linux, have you modified this in any way?

sdousley, Oct 9, 2008
  5. steveK

steveK

I have Windows xp. I have found some info on the net which I will provide a link to although I havent had time to go through it all,just way too busy today so far,but I will check it out in a while. It looks like Im not the only one having problems though.

http://www.ambience.sk/delete-note-open-office

steveK, Oct 9, 2008
  6. steveK

steveK

I finally figured out the soultion to my problem. It seems like I wasnt clicking the selected areas before right clicking delete,or hitting the delete tab. The strange thing is that I dont always have to do this,so it seems like sometimes it is already in the delete mode from before. Anyhow I have never experienced this before so perhaps it some peculairity with the openoffice office suite mentioned earlier. Glad I figured that one out though,since I do a great deal of deleting some days!

steveK, Oct 17, 2008
Ask a Question