cant find network (wpa) key

Discussion in 'Windows' started by sreimer, Feb 28, 2010.

1. sreimer

sreimer

I have a acer aspire one AOA 150. I am trying to connect to my wireless connection and a box comes up asking me for the WPA key. were is the wpa located and how do I connect to my wireless connecting

sreimer, Feb 28, 2010
  2. sreimer

melhiore

WPA is type of encryption - recently type of encryption and authentication on Wireless Access Points. WPA is option which you can set-up at you ISR (Integrated Services Router). You need to provide password matching one you have set-up previously at router site... You can change this password and type of authentication/encryption by going to web browser and typing IP address of your router - if you use DHCP in your wireless network this IP address will be your Default Gateway which you can discover using command:

Code:
    ipconfig /all
    in console window...

melhiore, Feb 28, 2010
  3. sreimer

Swarvey Moderator

All the above is true, you need to log into your router and manually identify / set / reset a WPA / WEP key. The password which allows you access to the WiFi network. To do this though, you will need a hard connection to the router. Usually USB or Ethernet cable.

Swarvey, Feb 28, 2010
Ask a Question