Cant get os on aspire 1 :(

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Gotcha, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Gotcha

Gotcha

Hello all :)
    i am a bit of a newbie to this site :) any hows i have an Acer aspire one with 160 gig hd and wanted to put another os on it as i never can get on with linux :/. And the hardrive wud just hang on a a blue splash screen with acer on it :(So there for me mate said formatt the hd and install xp via usb pen anyhows we took hdd out and formatted it but now i cant get xp on via the usb pen and it comes up with an error 17 so i am just a little pickled now :(

So how can i fix this problem

thanks Gotcha

Gotcha, Aug 2, 2009
  2. Gotcha

fweigel

Can't you borrow an external USB based CD-ROM drive and use that? I don't think XP (officially) installs from USB flash media.

Sorry, I don't know what an "error 17" is. Is it from the BIOS? If you want instructions on recovering Linpus (from USB flash media), I can help with that, but since you don't like Linpus, I won't pursue.

I am sure that someone here can help, but I would repost your question to the Windows side of the 'board -- I just don't know enough about XP to help you.

fweigel, Aug 4, 2009
Ask a Question