Cant get rid of internet explorer cannot display page

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by zarajayne, Aug 30, 2009.

1. zarajayne

zarajayne

Hi Guys,managed to sort my other problems out.The only one i have now is every time i log on i get the "internet explorer cannot display the page"!! And no matter how i gtry to get around it (google or web addy) i just get this page and it wont let me on!! Very frustrating as i have solved all my other problems and acer office not open till tuesday.
    Only had the netbook 3 days and have'nt been able to surf yet!

HELP ME SOMEONE PLZZZZZZZZ. :(

zarajayne, Aug 30, 2009
  2. zarajayne

ssaint04

This is gonna sound dumb, but sometimes it's the dumbest things that are the fix.

Are you actually connected to the internet?

ssaint04, Aug 30, 2009
  3. zarajayne

garrovick

And to add to the simple list of ideas...

Did you reset the modem? By unplugging it for a minute?

garrovick, Aug 30, 2009
  4. zarajayne

zarajayne

Hi,yes i am connected to the internet and i have tried different usb ports for the modem but still get same cannot display page.......the 2 icons of the pcs,bottom right both have a red cross through them.I was wondering if this has anything to do with it!!

zarajayne, Aug 30, 2009
  5. zarajayne

garrovick

The two icons, one for a wired connection and one for a wireless connection indicate by the red symbol that there is not a connection available. Why a USB connection? Why not the standard Ethernet connection?

garrovick, Aug 31, 2009
  6. zarajayne

Forone

Unless you've successfully connected through another browser than IE, or some other internet related application, it sounds like you don't have an internet connection. I'd suggest phoning your internet service provider tech support, who will normally walk you step by step through the internet connection set up from the wiring through to software. If there is a problem at their end, they'll be able to check that too. They shouldn't give up until you have a working connection and can use IE, since XP and IE are completely standard set ups.

Forone, Aug 31, 2009
  7. zarajayne

zarajayne

Hi Guys,thanks for your replies.............I was in touch with IP on friday and they said got to ring Acer on tuesday as its a configuration problem!! But i am connected to internet and i think like you say its the IP provider and not Acer..........I will call them back.
    Thanks for you help.........these laptops can be very frustrating!! :)

zarajayne, Aug 31, 2009
  8. zarajayne

Forone

If it's a configuration and not a hardware problem, I don't know how Acer can help, since the ISP has the settings. There's nothing unusual about the Acer, and ISP tech support usually walks new computers through the set up process. Maybe get tougher with ISP tech support, since you're paying for it. Good luck.

Forone, Sep 1, 2009
Ask a Question