Can't install Windows XP on my Acer Aspire D255.

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Alexa2019a, Jul 27, 2024.

1. Alexa2019a

Alexa2019a

Hi everyone, I'm Italian but I can also speak English well. So I hope you can understand well what I would like to tell you. So, I have an Acer Aspire D255, with Windows 7 pre-installed, the former owner took the computer to a specialized technician who somehow managed to install Windows XP.
    In 2017 the PC was parked in the cellar for many years, but in 2023 after finding a new function for it, we had the idea of turning it back on.
    The problem was that Windows XP didn't support YouTube (meaning it always crashed) and we had the idea of putting Windows 7 back in. But unfortunately it also always crashed, due to the few GB of RAM. Since I remembered that Windows XP was really better I decided to try to reinstall it, I sent all the saints down from heaven, but nothing. The PC didn't want to know about installing Windows XP.
    I explain you:
    I put the USB in the PC, boot from the BIOS but you can see a white line and then Windows 7 restarts. I've tried in every way but nothing worked. I believe there is a block coming from the bios that does not allow the installation of Windows lower than 7. I'm sure no one will answer but the PC is really needed now. Thanks for your support!

Alexa2019a, Jul 27, 2024
Ask a Question