cant perform recovery

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by peace, Jan 10, 2012.

1. peace

peace

My acer which i bought in2009 has been playing up alot and I have twice done a recovery on it using the discs provided. One disc says "system cd" and the other says" Microsoft Windows XP Home sp3". The last time i did a system restore I put the system cd in first and when the pc had loaded it up and done whatever it has to do it sent the disc out and asked for the next cd which is the Win XP cd. I put that in and it installed it all and it was all fine.
    After a few more months of using it I needed to do a restore again. Now I have tried exactly the same thing but when it sends the first disc out and asks for the next one and I put in the xp cd it doesnt read it properly and just sends it back out within a few seconds and is still asking for the next disc. I am totally stuck.
    What should i do?

It is a model no ZG5

Wouls appreciate any help. Thanks.
    Peace

peace, Jan 10, 2012
  2. peace

TROUBLESOME0

If ur still running same windows xp that came with it, I dont think u even need cd. In windows folder on c: theres folder called "i386". In that folder, theres file called winn32 or something close. U can run it and it will run the restore cd. Theres more info about it on web, just google i386. Easydesksoftware.com has good info.

TROUBLESOME0, Jan 11, 2012
  3. peace

peace

Thanks for the reply.
    I am not sure what you mean or how I can get to this file. When i switch on the laptop it goes to a black screen with a load of writing and then last bit of writing on it is saying "No bootable device. Insert disc and press any key". But when I do that it just sends the disc out again and never moves on from that screen. So I can get no further. Do you have any other suggestions?

peace, Jan 12, 2012
Ask a Question